Doman Name Registration/Transfer
Hostnicer provides domain registrations for both generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) and country-code Top Level Domains (ccTLDs).
- Domain name registrations/transfers are non-refundable. As changes are no longer allowed after a registration request is submitted, CLIENT should always check for correct spelling before purchasing a domain name.
- Domain name registrations are not operative before the registry administrator activates the domain name(s). The domain name registration(s) are only active during the registration period chosen by the registrant (CLIENT). The registration period of newly registered domain names starts from the date on which the registration is approved by the registry.
- Hostnicer and the top registry, also known as Primary Service Provider, will not be held accountable for any inadvertences, mistakes or otherwise deviations on the side of the registry administrator in regards to requests for registration, renewal, or any modifications of already registered domain name(s).
- CLIENT, as the registrant, agree that the domain name registration is a service, which cannot be interpreted autonomously from the services described in this Agreement or a similar Agreement from the registrar. CLIENT, as a Registrant, accede that domain name registration services do not develop a proprietary significance and CLIENT will not be entitled to any such proprietary significance claims for domain name(s) registered through our company.
CLIENT can view the full list of Registrant Rights and Responsibilities, approved by ICANN, on their website: http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/registrant-rights-responsibilities-en.htm
If CLIENT registers a .INFO domain name, CLIENT also enter into a contract of registration with Afilias, which is represented by the following Terms & Conditions:
If CLIENT registers a .UK, .CO.UK, .ORG.UK or .ME.UK domain name, CLIENT also enter into a contract of registration with Nominet UK, which is represented by the following Terms & Conditions:
Expiration and Renewal of Service.
Even though Hostnicer will provide regular reminders about the expiration of the domain name(s) registered through the company, it is CLIENT obligation to keep track of when the registration service(s) will expire. Should CLIENT fail to renew a domain name before its expiration date, the domain name will be suspended or cancelled.
After a domain name’s expiration date, there is a period of 30 days, in which the domain name can be renewed. Certain domain name extensions do not have such a period, so leaving a domain name to expire before attempting a renewal is at CLIENT own discretion.
After the 30-day renewal period has passed, some domain names (as per TLD Registry Policies) enter a so-called Redemption Grace Period. A domain name which has entered a Redemption Grace Period can still be renewed. However, additional fees will be added to the domain's renewal price. CLIENT can find the official information regarding the Redemption Grace Period on ICANN’s page: http://www.icann.org/registrars/redemption-proposal-14feb02.htm
If a Redemption Grace Period is applicable for a specific domain name, it will last between 30 and 42 days.
After the Redemption Grace Period (or the renewal period – if RGP is not applicable) has passed, domain name(s) can be: provided to third parties; Hostnicer may choose to auction the domain name(s); Hostnicer may return them in the public registration pool. All of these actions can be carried out at any time and without CLIENT consent.
NOTE: As per EURid's domain expiration policy, all .EU domain names will be suspended one day BEFORE their official expiration date and will enter a 40-day Redemption Grace Period during which they can still be renewed. However, an additional fee will be added atop the renewal price.
Complete and Accurate Personal Information.
CLIENT agrees to provide certain up-to-date, complete and accurate information about CLIENT self both in CLIENT domain's WHOIS record and in CLIENT account records. CLIENT agrees to update this information when needed, to keep it complete, up-to-date and accurate. For all CLIENT domain name registrations' contact records, CLIENT must submit the following: a full name, current postal address, an e-mail address, a telephone number, and if available, a fax number. If the information provided in the registrant's application is deemed false or incomplete, and the registrant fails to correct the WHOIS information within 10 calendar days after the date of the notice, this will be treated by the provider as an immedicable infringement of the present Agreement.
CLIENT is solely responsible for keeping track of the e-mails that will be sent by the Registrar. Inability to respond to such inquiries and e-mails may result in losing ownership over the domain name(s).
Access to a CLIENT account.
CLIENT, as the registrant of the domain name(s), have the obligation to protect CLIENT Account Login Credentials, including the password, from misuse. Anyone in possession of CLIENT account login credentials will have the full authority and access to:
- Initiate a transfer of the domain name(s)
- Change the WHOIS information
- Change the name servers (DNS)
- Such unauthorized changes and actions may disturb or annul CLIENT rights to the domain name(s) CLIENT have registered through Hostnicer.
Service Payments, Recurring Contracts and chargebacks.
When signing up for an account with Hostnicer, the Customer agrees to pay for the period of one year (365 days) and abide by our Order Verification Policy. Our Sales Department will strictly scrutinize each order and carefully processes each payment in order to ensure that no fraudulent user can take advantage of our system.
Hostnicer will charge customers with fees based on the fee structure of our system at the time of the sign-up process. Hostnicer reserves the right to introduce price changes to the services when needed. This means that the current price list at our web store may differ from the pricing of CLIENT purchase.
Each Customer of ours will be able to take advantage of the package he/she has purchased at the introductory price levels, and with one and the same set of features in the course of the whole contract period. Hostnicer reserves the right to introduce certain changes to the packages (in the form of complementary services) to the benefit of the customers.
When the Customer pays for a web hosting plan with a domain via credit card or PayPal, a 12-month recurring billing subscription will be created automatically for their convenience, for which the Customer will get a notification from the payment processor.
All automatic payments go through exactly 7 days before the due date so as to avoid any downtime to the Customer's websites if there is a problem with the credit card/PayPal account.
The Customer can cancel the subscription at any time from their Control Panel -> My Account -> Recurring, or directly through PayPal - if it’s a PayPal account subscription.
If a chargeback request is initiated through the Customer's bank, our payment processor will impose a penalty fee of $30 on us for handling the chargeback procedure. Thus, if the Customer decides to reactivate the given domain/hosting service, the Customer will have to cover the respective service fee and the penalty fee that resulted from CLIENT chargeback.